Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bringing the Blog to an End

This is my last post on this blog, so I'm going to look back on my whole experience of switching to both conventional and organic foods. This whole thing really changed the way I think about each type of foods.

The starting point for me was when I watched Food Inc. This is when I realized how horrible factory-farming is, and now I think about it when I get factory-farmed products. I'm also more aware of the preservatives and other food additives in some non-organic foods that can have some potentially serious side effects. Before, I had absolutely no idea how much of these chemicals one food could contain.

As for organic foods, I learned about the many benefits they have, and what makes these benefits so important. I also like knowing that organic farming is safer and more humane towards food animals. Along with this, I figured out some useful labels to look for on organic products, and the price differences between certain organic and non-organic foods.

Overall, I think this has been a very useful and positive experience. I learned what my brain can handle about this subject, and I hope I also pass this information on to others. Remember, the choice is yours: should you buy factory-farmed foods or organic foods?

2 comments:

  1. I learned some things from your blog. I can feel confident that I am buying quality products when I shop now because I know what to look for. Thank you, Stacey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Stacey. I am glad you educated our family while doing this project. I really learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete